I thank all of you who visit, read, and comment at Heart of Life Poetry. I appreciate you!
To my surprise, I’ve been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, 2014. Looking into it a bit, I discovered that this award provides a way for bloggers to support, encourage, and celebrate one another’s work. My understanding of the award is that everyone who accepts a nomination “wins.” How lovely.
And as a “winner,” I get to nominate 15 more blogs that I find very inspiring. I hope you will visit at least some the nominees I’ve chosen below.
To Christine Lailani Ginete of The Journeyman’s Moments, thank you for nominating me!
The first thing I’m asked to do to accept the nomination is to list the award rules, so here they are…
- Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
7 Facts About Myself
1. I moved to the countryside for the first time in my life in 2012. Nature inspires me every day.
2. I can see many dormant volcanoes from my home.
3. I’m concerned about the toxic effects of geoengineering, a practice in which toxic metals are sprayed into the air (aka chemtrails) and then manipulated with radio frequency waves. Evidence is growing that geoengineering is destroying our life support systems on Earth. I recently found a site, Skyder Alert, that provides an app people in the US can use to work towards ending geoengineering: www.skyderalert.com.
4. I love to eat wild plants and game, and I feel lucky to live in a region where wild foods can still be found in abundance.
5. People who once lived on the property where I am left lots of broken glass and rusty nails behind. I regularly find new patches of this stuff and clean it up.
6. I write poems to pay my respects to all the plants, animals, and elements that make my embodied life possible.
15 Nominations for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award 2014
John Coyote has been to war and writes to warn us about taking that road any further:
Tony Vlahos at T h i n g s + F l e s h writes powerfully about creating art:
Crystal Clark champions the sacred science that we need to learn if we are to survive and thrive:
World Listener records our planet’s sounds:
An anonymous writer charts the growing American police state and arms liberty lovers with information:
Eliza Waters inspires me to love this world we live in more and better ; ):
Some of my favorite visual arts and photography blogs:
Mysterious and stark photos at Hammerwerk
Nature celebrated in picture and word at Leaf and Twig
Explorations of light, shadow, and perception at Pollock of Light
And last, but far from least, my nominees amongst the many amazing music and poetry blogs I’m aware of:
The witty Errin Spelling
The unusual tracks featured at Music Unmasked
Great poems and useful essays on how to write haiku at The Way of Haiku
Overtone singing at The Spirit of Tuvan Nomads
Densely gorgeous contemporary verse by Robert Okaji at O at the Edges
Moving poems at When the Sun Wakes
There are many many more blogs I would list here if I could. I am ongingly inspired, and sometimes overwhelmed, by the amount of wisdom, important data points, creativity, caring, and sharing poured out by the bloggers who call WordPress home. Thank you for the contributions you so generously make to all of us, week in and week out